Howdy, Headliners!!! It’s the birthday of Canadian Hank Snow, who introduced Elvis Presley to Colonel Tom Parker. If Hank Snow married June Carter, there’d be 6 inches of Snow in June. Buh duh boom! Let’s look at some of the headlines of yesteryear:
- 1662 – The figure who later became Mr. Punch made his first recorded appearance in England.
- 1763 – The Siege of Fort Detroit begins during Pontiac’s War against British forces.
- 1941 – World War II: The German submarine U-110 is captured by the Royal Navy. On board is the latest Enigma cryptography machine which Allied cryptographers later use to break coded German messages.
- 1942 – Holocaust: The SS murders 588 Jewish residents of the Podolian town of Zinkiv (Khmelnytska oblast, Ukraine). The Zoludek Ghetto (in Belarus) is destroyed and all its inhabitants murdered or deported.
- 1949 – Rainier III of Monaco becomes Prince of Monaco.
- 1958 – Film: Vertigo (film) has world premiere in San Francisco.
- 1960 – The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle‘s Enovid, making Enovid the world’s first approved oral contraceptive pill.
- 1961 – FCC Chairman Newton N. Minow gives his Wasteland Speech.
- 1970 – Vietnam War: In Washington, D.C., 75,000 to 100,000 war protesters demonstrate in front of the White House.
- 1974 – Watergate Scandal: The United States House of Representatives Judiciary Committee opens formal and public impeachment hearings against President Richard Nixon.
Let’s get to today’s Headlines Du Jour:
IN LGBT NEWS:
GOP STANDS FOR “GET OUT, PLANNED PARENTHOOD”
TEABAGGED ENOUGH ALREADY???
SO GLAD WE’RE LIVING IN A POST-RACIAL SOCIETY:
TODAY IN CLIMATE CHANGE:
FREE THE WEED!!!
TODAY IN ANTI-SOCIAL MEDIA:
BULLY BOY BOLLING IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
TARANTULA IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Discussion, Fox’s Tantaros
Claims Obama Administration
Has Been “Siding With The Enemy”