It’s February 10th, folks. Which means this is the 41st day of the year. Before we get to today’s news, here’s a look at a few of the headlines from yesteryear. On this day, according to the WikiWhackyWoo:
• 1840 – Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom marries Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
• 1861 – Jefferson Davis is notified by telegraph that he has been chosen as provisional President of the Confederate States of America.
• 1870 – The YWCA is founded in New York City.
• 1942 – The first gold record is presented to Glenn Miller for “Chattanooga Choo Choo“.
• 1962 – Captured American U2 spy-plane pilot Gary Powers is exchanged for captured Soviet spy Rudolf Abel.
Now let’s get right down to today’s Headlines Du Jour:
IN LGBT NEWS:
SO GLAD WE’RE LIVING IN A POST-RACIAL SOCIETY:
PAYING TWO DEBTS TO SOCIETY:
THINGS GO BETTER WITH KOCH:
CHRIS CHRISTIE CORNER:
Researchers identify one of the
earliest stars in the universe
The discovery suggests that the very first generation of stars may not have been as powerful as previously thought.