Hello Headliners. It’s the birthday of crazy evangelist Pat Robertson, who Johnny Dollar (aka Mark Koldys) actually supported for President of the United States. [I know, right?] Robertson may be 84 years old, but still makes headlines. Especially when he opens his mouth and crazy shit tumbles out. Here are some more Headlines Du Jour of yesteryear.
- 1621 – The Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony sign a peace treaty with Massasoit of the Wampanoags.
- 1622 – Jamestown massacre: Algonquian Indians kill 347 English settlers around Jamestown, Virginia, a third of the colony’s population, during the Second Anglo-Powhatan War.
- 1630 – The Massachusetts Bay Colony outlaws the possession of cards, dice, and gaming tables.
- 1638 – Anne Hutchinson is expelled from Massachusetts Bay Colony for religious dissent.
- 1765 – The British Parliament passes the Stamp Act that introduces a tax to be levied directly on its American colonies.
- 1871 – In North Carolina, William Woods Holden becomes the first governor of a U.S. state to be removed from office by impeachment.
- 1960 – Arthur Leonard Schawlow and Charles Hard Townes receive the first patent for a laser
- 1963 – The Beatles‘ first album, Please Please Me, is released in the United Kingdom.
- 1972 – In Eisenstadt v. Baird, the United States Supreme Court decides that unmarried persons have the right to possess contraceptives.
- 1993 – The Intel Corporation ships the first Pentium chips (80586), featuring a 60 MHz clock speed, 100+ MIPS, and a 64 bit data path.
Now, let’s get to today’s Headlines Du Jour:
BEST HEADLINE DU JOUR:
THE “O” IN GOP STANDS FOR OBSOLETE:
— Not Now Silly has its own Cyber-Bullies —
TODAY IN INCOME INEQUALITY:
MORE PROOF THE EARTH SUCKS:
CRACK MAYOR CORNER:
CRACK MAYOR BONUS VIDEO DU JOUR:
LOOFAH LAD IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
VIDEO DU JOUR: