|We can blame this for Sarah Palin.
Today you can pull on your jeans one leg at a time, because it’s the birthday of Levi Strauss, born on this day in 1829. He would have loved the Headlines Du Jour of yesteryear:
• 1815 – Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elba.
• 1917 – The Original Dixieland Jass Band records the first jazz record, for the Victor Talking Machine Company in New York.
• 1920 – The first German Expressionist film and early horror movie, Robert Wiene‘s The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, receives its première in Berlin.
• 1935 – Adolf Hitler orders the Luftwaffe to be re-formed, violating the provisions of the Treaty of Versailles.
• 1952 – Vincent Massey is sworn in as the first Canadian-born Governor-General of Canada.
Here’s today’s Headlines Du Jour:
Fox News Criticizes The Anti-Gay “Jim Crow
Laws” It Helped Promote
Challenged By Anderson Cooper To Provide One Example To Justify Anti-Gay Bill, Arizona Senator Comes Up Empty
Pat Buchanan Says Conservative Christians Are True Victims in Arizona
GOP Lobbyist Behind Anti-Gay NFL Bill Has A Gay Brother
Black Gays Make Up Largest Share Of LGBT Community, Survey Shows
Father delivers baby after hospital staff abandons him
TODAY’S EDITION OF COPS GONE WILD, THE CANADIAN EDITION:
Hamilton police sergeant pleads guilty to sexual charges
COLD CASE FILE SOLVED:
A 45-Year Old Jimi Hendrix Photo Mystery Gets Solved
FOX “NEWS” IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
“Welcome To Obama’s America,” Where You Can Use Food Stamps At Strip Clubs, According To Fox
LOOFAH LAD IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly calls on
Panetta to testify (again) on Benghazi
Bill O’Reilly asks about La Jolla’s seals
LEGGY MEGGY IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Watch: FOXNews’s Megyn Kelly is Forced
to Cut Off an Obamacare Truth-Teller
VIDEO DU JOUR:
Headlines Du Jour is a leisure-time activity of Not Now Silly, home of the
Steam-Powered Word-0-Matic, and your rest stop on the Information
Highway. Use our valuable bandwidth to post your news comments in
today’s open thread.