Hello Headliners! Today would have been Sonny Bono‘s 79th birthday, had he not died — as a Congressman — in a tragic skiing accident in 1998. Among Headlines Du Jour from yesteryear are:
• 1852 – Studebaker Brothers wagon company, precursor of the automobile manufacturer, is established.
• 1874 – Silver Dollar becomes legal US tender.
• 1923 – Howard Carter unseals the burial chamber of Pharaoh Tutankhamun.
• 1959 – Fidel Castro becomes Premier of Cuba after dictator Fulgencio Batista was overthrown on January 1.
• 1978 – The first computer bulletin board system is created (CBBS in Chicago, Illinois).
• 1987 – The trial of John Demjanjuk, accused of being a Nazi guard dubbed “Ivan the Terrible” in Treblinka extermination camp, starts in Jerusalem.
Without further delay, let’s get right to today’s Headlines Du Jour:
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING:
HISTORY IS COMPLICATED.
EVOLUTIONARY HISTORY EVEN MORE SO.
New fossil bed found by
scientists hailed as ‘motherlode’
Marble Canyon in B.C.’s Kootenay National
Park yielding dozens of discoveries
ANOTHER DISPATCH FROM DETROIT, ‘MERKA’S FIRST THROWAWAY CITY:
A DISPATCH FROM WINDSOR ABOUT DETROIT, ‘MERKA’S FIRST THROWAWAY CITY:
◄ Speaking of terrible people, here’s my cyber-bully ►
The Mark Koldys-Johnny Dollar Cyber-Bully Comments of the Day
FOX “NEWS” IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
LOOFAH LAD IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
of microwave he stole
from Bill O’Reilly doing
better than O’Reilly’s auction
VIDEO DU JOUR: