Today ‘Merkins will gather in town squares all across the country to celebrate Abe Vigoda‘s 93rd birthday, as fire crews are on stand-by, watching the candles on his cake. Among the other Headlines Du Jour of yesteryear include:
• 1582 – Pope Gregory XIII announces the Gregorian calendar.
• 1809 – London’s Drury Lane Theatre burns to the ground, leaving owner Richard Brinsley Sheridan destitute.
• 1822 – The 1st Swaminarayan temple in the world, Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Ahmedabad, is inaugurated.
• 1831 – The Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek, the first removal treaty in accordance with the Indian Removal Act, is proclaimed. The Choctaws in Mississippi cede land east of the river in exchange for payment and land in the West.
• 1863 – Arizona is organized as a United States territory.
• 1868 – Andrew Johnson becomes the first President of the United States to be impeached by the United States House of Representatives. He is later acquitted in the Senate.
• 1920 – The Nazi Party is founded.
• 2008 – Fidel Castro retires as the President of Cuba after nearly fifty years.
Let’s get right to today’s Headlines Du Jour:
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS:
My very own personal Cyber-Bullies:
The Mark Koldys-Johnny Dollar Cyber-Bully Comments of the Day
SO GLAD WE’RE LIVING IN A POST-RACIAL SOCIETY:
FOX “NEWS” IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
◄ ◄ From the Wayback Machine ► ►
Hannity’s Charity Under Fire
ELISABETH HASSELBECK IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
TODAY IN EDUCATION:
VIDEO DU JOUR: